If you consider starting a used car site, the tips below will certainly come in handy as they are based on real user experience. Whatever the economy is, people will always buy and sell cars; you can get by without a boat or a new summer cottage, but most people simply can’t imagine their lives without a four-wheel pal be it a jalopy or a luxury mustang. More and more people prefer to buy used cars and those who have bought cars will want to sell them sooner or later. With this in mind, starting a used car site is always a win-win. In this article, we would like to go over some important tips for opening a site like this.
Two possible scenarios for a used car site
When starting a used car site, basically, there are two major options that you can choose from. First, if you own a brick-and-mortar car dealership, you can use our software to start a used car dealer site for your business allowing customers to browse cars for sale online without having to commute to a certain location. For a car dealership, the web-presence is an absolute must, because customers buying cars online will generate 20-30% revenue increase for the business. The used car market is on the increase, and one can always reap benefits with a user friendly site which gives users what they want. In our fast-paced world, where time is precious, more and more people prefer to search used cars online.
If you are an individual who doesn’t have a car dealership, you may open a used car site as a platform for different dealers enabling them to create and manage their personal accounts and ads. There are quite a few dealers who are looking for a place to list and sell cars and you, as the site owner, can provide them with the convenience of an online platform where they run their business. You may generate income by charging users for posting ads and using a number of paid features that most users are willing to pay for to boost their sales.
What you need to start a used car site
Once you’ve made a decision to launch your own site, you need to have a clear understanding of what you will need for this.
- Firstly, think of a good and catchy domain name that somehow resonates with cars, we recommend that you purchase a domain name in advance because a good domain name maybe bought by someone else if you hesitate.
- Secondly, you need a hosting for your site. Make sure that you first decide on software to power your site and only then on a hosting solution because if your hosting does not meet software system requirements and you have already purchased a year plan, it will be money down the drain. Most companies that sell classifieds software offer partner hosting plans that meet system requirements.
- Finally, the most important step is choosing the right software to power your future site, because the success of your future business is in large part determined by the software that you’ll choose.
The market offers a lot of solutions for your future site; however, we would like you to consider our software for renting and selling used cars for the following reasons: our software has been used and tested by users who have been running their successful online businesses for years. It has been tweaked and polished to meet all of your site needs. We keep gathering insight information and feedback from users with live sites and have added the most requested features; the new ones are added regularly.
As of today, we can boast an auto classifieds script that is 100% ready to use right out of the box. It is feature-rich and allows even an amateur to easily tweak and make changes to your site right from admin panel. With our used car software, it is a matter of 1 day to have your site up and running, providing that you already have a domain and hosting. After that, you’ll only need to populate the site with ads or attract dealers to sign up.
Our used car software can also be adjusted to other types of vehicles and equipment such as bikes, heavy machinery, dredgers, you name it. The script has all the features you might need to start your successful online business. The key features, among many others, include.
- Mobile apps for Android and iOS devices enabling dealers to post ads on the go;
- Body styles allow users to narrow their search and see only cars with the selected body type out of several small images;
- The carousel allowing you to add a compact sliding box that will show features, random, recently added and top rated ads;
- A box on listing details showing similar ads based on criteria specified for each particular category in the admin panel;
- Recently viewed cars allowing the user to navigate the site easier and go back to the options that he has recently viewed;
- Featured ads, always an excellent opportunity for a site owner to earn money by offering car dealers to have their ads highlighted at the top of the list;
- Search by distance allowing users to search for ads within a specified area based on a zip code and get most relevant listings close to them;
- Individual dealer pages for dealers on subdomains allowing them to post ads and manage their accounts, and a number of other useful and powerful features and modules.
Summing up, you can’t go wrong if you decide to start a used car site, the question is how to find the right script to help you implement your idea. It is your choice and we recommend researching the market and making an informed decision, we would be happy if you land on our script, our team of committed developers have been polishing and honing it for years always keeping up with current trends and user feedback.